Thursday, September 4, 2008

Madilyn's first running club practice and first soccer practice

Madi's school has a running club (The Landsharks...an ode to SNL) that meets right after school two days a week and she will participate in actual races three times before the season is over Oct 1st. Here are pics from her first practice. She told me she introduced herself to the group and said, "I'm Madilyn and I'm here b/c I LOVE to run!"




Today, she had her first soccer practice. This is the very first activity I have signed her up for that she was literally bouncing off the walls with excitement to get to. Usually there are nerves and even a bit of drama that ensues for weeks before she is comfortable. Not today. We couldn't get there soon enough. I snapped a few pictures after which she asked me to go sit and stop taking posed pictures. Action shots were apparetnly okay. This evening following dinner we all were instructed on how to kick the ball properly, how the goalie is supposed to "pounce" on the ball and how to do all the drills they had practiced today. So cute! When she was asked what position she wanted to play she told her coach she wanted to be a goal scorer.


This is what the boys did today while she practiced with her team. Melts my heart!