Friday, September 5, 2008

Two more Jack funnies

The kid is a natural comic!

1) Today riding home from the grocery he says to me, "When your van breaks and you decide to get a new car...can we get a mini cooper?" I tried to explain that we have too many kids to fit comfortably in such a little car. He said in response, "They can ride in the trunk!" I asked him if he was volunteering himself or his brother and sister. No answer. Hmmm.

2) Before lunch he picked out a Batman fruit roll up to eat as his dessert. As he sat down he showed me the unrolled treat with the Joker and Batman stamped on it. I was distracted a little when he asked if he could eat it...so I said yes (instead of instructing him to wait until after he'd eaten the rest of his lunch). He finishes his meal. Then, asks me for a dessert. I said, "Didn't you already eat that Batman fruit roll up for dessert?" He replied, "Yeah, but I ate it first." I was quick to add, "So, if we give you broccoli last...does that make it dessert?" He smiled a very "knowing" smile and said ,"No!"