Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Jack started Talking Friends


Before school


In his classroom

Jack started school yesterday. The name of his speech program is Talking Friends. He told me he was nervous right when we walked in the room. Fortunately, he knew a little girl in the class. The class consists of 3 boys and 2 girls, a teacher and an aide. When I picked him up he said, "Everybody liked my Spiderman shirt!" I was so glad he had such a great first day. Although, I overheard him telling Madi that it was fun, but they don't have any paints there. After I picked him up we went right to the BX and got him a school backpack. He picked one with a motorcycle on it. He is so proud of being in school, of having a school backpack and of how he can put it on all by himself. He can't wait until tomorrow...when he gets to go back to school. He has asked me at least 10 times today why today is not Thursday.